Rapid change is a fundamental part of modern business. To adapt, both leaders and end-workers need to be consulted and given the ability to participate in the change management process.
Through consultation with diverse employee stakeholders, we help you get the intelligence you need to make the right decisions.
Then we help you build the appropriate communication and education campaigns and materials to make sure that everyone knows where they stand.
A change in working conditions within any organization represents a significant – and potentially destabilizing time for all impacted employees.
Quite often, even simple physical or organizational structural changes within an office environment can lead to new ways of working or new types of interactions between staff.
Several different impacts and effects on your staff will need to be considered, planned and prepared for to ensure a successful transition to the new environment takes place without disrupting your overall business operations.
As we know, a critical requirement for all organisations is their ability to adapt, be flexible and respond quickly to economic and industry norms.
However, in our experience, many organisations fail to achieve the required agility because they simply have not prepared their staff for the immediate changes ahead – and more importantly the shift in behaviors which will now be required to succeed in the new operating environment.
Staff Consultation & Engagement
Changing a process or environment is easy. Changing cultures of practice around new processes and unfamiliar operating environments is not. Attempts from management to grab the workplace culture and twist it into a new shape without commitment from everyone never work.
Changing your physical or operating environment will have a direct and immediate impact on the ways in which people in your organisation work, the type of conversations they have, and most importantly, how they ‘feel’ about the organisation – which will lead to what they ‘do’ when in the business.
Successful cultural change can only be achieved by altering peoples’ behaviours and interactions over a sustained period of time.
Discussions amongst employees prior, during and post your change will be high and there is a need to positively influence those ‘airwaves’.
There are two crucial ingredients influencing how change is perceived and responded to:
- Change Oriented Education Programs
- The Application of Consistent Messaging
We bring together the required elements of an effective and sustained communications program which is underpinned by the outcomes and messages elicited from the change management workshops we conduct with all of your organisation’s employees.
The primary objectives of these change management projects are to:
- Facilitate an atmosphere of enthusiasm and excitement within the organisation about the internal changes, in the context of broader cultural changes which are to be determined by the staff members themselves;
- Use all relevant communications tools to make sure that all staff are able to participate in the process creating a sense of collaboration and unity amongst the employee body
- Use this opportunity to help staff to create a unique working culture within your organisation, which is then incorporated into the education programs and key messaging, and;
- Leave a cultural legacy which includes new ways of communicating regularly and inclusively with all staff members.
Get in Touch